Overland Park, Kansas

Tonight, after a 13 hour day at work, I stopped by this McDonalds to bring my kids home dinner. I ordered 4 hamburgers and a mcflurry. When my kids opened their hamburgers, there was a single slice of tomato and a pickle.

No hamburger, no condiments, nothing but a single slice of tomato and a pickle.

It was 10:38 pm, and as soon as I pulled up to order a guy said "sorry, we're closed," and I heard snickering. I said "I'm sorry, did you say you're closed?" A woman with a thick Indian accent replied "what's your order?" Confused, I repeated "Are you closed?" She again repeated "What's your order?"

My order was simple: 4 hamburgers and an oreo mcflurry. I was the ONLY customer.

Thanks to this McDonalds, I'm trying to find something to fix for dinner at midnight and my kids are waiting up while I cook it. Not to mention the money I'm out since I wasn't even given a receipt; although, I if I were doing things like that at work I wouldn't hand out my name and a managers phone number on a receipt either.

I don't know if they think it's funny or cute, but I'm not tolerating service like that. It's disgusting. Doing it on all 4 clearly indicated it was on purpose, especially since I had no special requests.

Many hard workers are looking for jobs, and if McDonalds thinks it's appropriate to hire employees like that, it's a very easy decision to not support the business.

This McDonalds will never be used by me or my family again. It's not worth it. Why would I drive there, pay them money, and still have to come home and cook?

Thanks for wasting my time and money McDonalds- the two things this single working mom can't afford to spare.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mcdonalds Hamburger.

Comments

Ames, Iowa, United States #606018

I'm not going to pick on her for having children, or why they didn't have dinner any earlier. I am wondering what burger we serve at McDoanlds with a tomato and a pickle?

Obviously, she and some of the rest of you have not worked at or watched how fast is made. It is possible someone dressed the buns and someone wrapped them without realizing the meat person hadn't put meat on them. Call the McD as soon as you have a problem and they will fix it.

EVERY time. As long as ur not a ***.

What is wrong with you people? She's not the jacked up one...y'all are!

Because she is complaining about no meat on her hamburger, she should never have had children? She leaves her children home alone at night?

From WHERE do you derive all that because she wanted meat on her kids' burgers? Crazy people...

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #427916

Someone should call CPS on you for leaving your children home alone in the middle of the night. I bet you ate the burgers on the way home.

Mary Lou Simple, if you cannot afford to have children learn to keep your legs crossed. We don't need to pay for her children just because she cannot keep her legs crossed.

Who is taking care of your kids from the time they get home from school until 10:38pm? Jerry Sandusky?

THIS COMMENT GOES TO" DUH" YOU FREAKIN *** WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO SAY THAT SHE SHOULDNT HAVE KIDS IF SHE CANT PROVIDE FOR THEM UMMM FYI: MOTHERS LIKE OURSELVES DO GET TIRED AFTER A LONG DAYS WORK AND WOULDNT MIND BUYING OUR KIDS A LITTLE FREAKIN MC D'S, INSTEAD OF TALKIN SMACK DONT COMMENT AT ALL ***!

While I do appreciate you taking the time to comment, I don't believe the comment section of this site is intended to be used to personally attack the reviewer.

Not that it's any of your business, but my husband and I made the responsible decision to have kids when we could afford it. We can't help circumstances in life beyond our control. Since my husband passed away, I have struggled to support myself and our 2 kids. Life insurance doesn't pay out the moment someone passes, and until it does pay out, my family will continue to struggle.

I agree that McDonalds is neither a healthy choice for children nor the only option around. I didn't check to make sure the burgers were made correctly (who would think that could be messed up,) I only checked to see the 4 burgers in the bag. It wasn't until we sat down to eat that I reaized the problem. I'm not in a financial state currently to have a supply of food in the pantry, and finding time to run to the grocery is difficult when I work all the time and have kids waiting at home.

Would your suggestion be for me to live off the government so I could have more time with my kids and let your money pay for healthier meals? I just wasn't raised to be ok with that option.

McD's is what happens when a group of 15-17 year olds are running a restaurant.

You shouldn't be giving your children McDonalds anyway, and you act like it was the only thing around and the only thing you had to give them. If that's true then you shouldn't even have children if you can't provide for them.