Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

McDonalds in Moncton, New Brunswick - Either Poor Staff Training or Bad Management

I waited in line for over 30 minutes at the Miramichi NB McDonalds, and still never got my order taken, and when I finally gave up, over 20 people walked out before me, and after I left many followed. Needless to say my 3 children were very upset,because they wanted McDonalds, but luckily there was a Burger King near by. For any business to look negaitively upon any comments would be ashame, becuase this establishment has over 30 to 40 people walking out within 5 minutes because of bad service. Dont know whether it was because of bad training, or bad mangement control, or the enability to multitask, but it is definitely the problem of mangement and the ownership of the franchise. It shouldnt take longer than 10 to 15 minutes to take someones order, over 30 and the staff standing there laughing about problems is not an excuse.

I've been working at McD's for two weeks now, and you're right, they don't train employees very well. Their training efforts have improved slightly since 2008 from what I've read, but it still doesn't make much difference.

At the one I work at, on most activities, they put you in front of Flash-based computer tutorials that show written steps and give you a three-question multiple-choice quiz, then you go out and try to do it yourself (in exception of front counter, where you can shadow others). That doesn't teach me ***, and the other crew members say that, too. I have to be shown in order to learn instead of told how to do something. Now in my third week, after successfully learning front counter and raising the order-taking speed percentage to 71% from lower than 50% and being taught McCafes, I've been banished to cleaning duties, running drive-thru orders to the rail and reserve spots, and the occasional fries, and when I do get the fry counter, someone steps in front of me and does it.

Yesterday one of my managers said while I was doing a 2-foot tall stack of trays (since I'm kind of slow and a perfectionist (partly due to ADD)), "I tried to put you on something that you're good at, is there anything else you think you might be good at?" They don't even let me train on anything; duh, I'm not good at it!

I typically learn quickly, but not when I'm not shown and am forced to learn to perfection within two weeks. -_- There's another guy who transferred over here after two months who's in the same situation, except the only things he gets to do are the grill and cleaning the grill area.

McDonalds Big Mac

I haven't had a Big Mac in approximately 6 years, before last night. I was amazed at how small it was. For more money. My memory is not failing me yet, it was definitely much smaller. I can understand if they want to downsize the heart attack special, but they need to inform us they are doing that and why, and then cut the price. Apparently they have been gradually increasing the prices over the years, while gradually decreasing the portions. McDonalds Corp. must not think very highly of their clientele's intelligence and ability to grasp the obvious.

you fat ***, try eating a salad. you're just a big ole fatty fat fat.

aren't you fatty. heres a candybar ***

My advice is to beat them at their own game and order their $1.00 double cheeseburgers with big mac sauce and shredded lettuce. Works for me...........

View more comments (1)
Review
I was parked at a McDonalds parking lot when I stepped out for two minutes across the street. I came back and as I was placing the order in McDonalds, the towing company guy told the manager that 4 cars were towed. I had to call the police and ended up paying 200+ for...

Mc Donalds at westchester ave in the bronx have lost my business for letting a towing company violate their paying customers like that, Im my putting my story up on the military website and facebook,and I got something for that fat burger eating Tow truck driver an his truck, we will see how far $136 will take you slobbbbbb!!!!

View more comments
Mcdonalds Manager

McDonalds in Los Angeles, California - Mc donalds rude SHIFT MANAGER Anamy

Anamy is a shift mngr at mc donalds at 27774 baseline ave, highland,ca 92346. sept 29, 08 at 6:25 pm. She's very rude with her head bobbing attitude. how does one become a mngr with a *** attitude? instead of saying "sorry we forgot your drink", she blames it on her sweet window crew. Darling, FYI, managers need to suck up all the blames...regardless. This will further be forwarded to your corporate office. McDonalds have the worst attitude of employees. Complaints have not changed anything. That is very very sad. They need interpersonal skill class please

Well I can tell you why mangers there hate it. They have to take a 5 minute pre unpaid shift.

They have to take the fall for any mistakes the crew partakes in. Finally, when something goes wrong the manger, this is the one that is in charge of EVERYONE, gets angry she/he will usually take it out on the other managers. Any fast food restaurant can be very stressful and the one thing I learned is, when the rush is on, don't a come a knokin. Mc donalds has 5 or so different managers, and the last thing most off them want to hear is you complaining.

This is one of the reasons I quit. Don't listen to the other people hear, there only trying to stir up trouble

you are *** the world doesnt revolve around you these people work for under ten /hr and have to bust there *** maybe customers like you were being *** to her all day and she had a bad day i tell you what your bad day at work is nothing like that of a fast food employee maybe you should have told her hey i know your job is hard and i think your doing a good job today u see thats whats wrong with the world today everyone just wants to *** and make someone else look bad instead of trying to go the extra step to be a lil nicer but youll go an extra ten to try and get her fired from her *** job hey maybe now shell thankyou for doing her a favor

Perhaps by using correct puncunation when writing a letter. Filling out her resume and cover with correct spelling, puncuation. Then she plays it sweet during intreviews.

View more comments (2)
Mcdonalds Manager
Loss

McDonalds in Halifax, Nova Scotia - Were not serving you.

Well, last weekend me and my friends decide to go to mcdonalds, we drive in the parking lot and theres two employees smoking outside.. we were talking amongst ourselves and my friend was telling us a story, (cursing) because she was pissed.. we were about to go in to order..but we didnt so we went through the drive thru.. they were like were you guys jsut in the parking lot.. we were like yes..they said leave now your not getting served !:O.. welll then.. we had no idea y so we went in to see what the problem was, and they assumed we cursed at them when really it had nothing to do with them considering we have NO clue who they are.. they were cursing at us telling us to get out now, aka the "manager", soo now i say SCREW MCDICKS.. wheres burger king !
americanMade

like hahahaha, serves you right little beggars

If you knew how to tell a story without profane language this would have never happened. People that use swear words as substitutes usually have a limited vocabulary.

Maybe you should have paid more attention in school.

Then you would not sound so dumb. :grin

like some who listen to music at ear popping sound,some speak way to loud, they should not have heard you if you were in your car and they were outside, use your inside voice next time.

Well you were acting like undisciplined 11 -12 year olds so they treated you like one. Are you sure you have your license because your friend displayed the behaviour of a 11 or 12 year old that thinks it is "cool" to swear.

maybe next time you won't use foul language in public.

View more comments (4)

Mcdonalds in Stratford PEI, Kept Our Money Gave no Food

I gave my 15 year old son $20 to get him and his friends 4 breakfast meals. The cashier gave him a total of 38.00 he told her he only had 20.00 & to cancel the order. She said no he couldn't cancel it as it had already been put through. He asked for his money back they told him they didn't have it & that he must have lost it. He continued to wait for another 20 mins still asking for his money back, as he seen them put it into the cash register. They got the manager who told him to leave the restaurant if he wasn't going to purchase anything. He said he would when they gave his money back. They then proceeded to get security & kicked him out with no food or money.

There is something wrong with this story. The total bill came to $38 which would be $9.50 per meal.

Breakfast meals at Mcdonalds are usually cheaper than Lunch meals and even for regular meals the big mac does not come to $9.50. There is no way that the four meals could have come to 38 dollars. When I first read this complaint I thought it was a typo and the OP meant $19. Then I saw the part where the son told the cashier he only had $20.

Something is not right here. Also since when does Mcdonalds have security.(unless this Mcdonalds was in a mall and they called Mall security.) I think your son is playing you the fool. Have a talk with him.

He is not being honest with you. I am not suggesting that he is using the money for drugs like the other person did, but he either stole the money or lost it.

McDonalds in Stratford never have security.

Smooth, your son just lied to you and you believed him.

I think your son used the money for drugs and just told you that the McDonalds wouldn't give him any food. He needs an intervention! HUGS, NOT DRUGS, PEOPLE!

I call BS, on this one first of all four breakfast meals would not be $38. Second of all I think the parent is trying to send her son to scam Mcdonalds.

That child should have been put in a foster home from the beginning. She is teaching him to scam and steal.

I'm curious, what did YOU do as a parent?

View more comments (4)
Mcdonalds Cashier

McDonalds in Richmond, Virginia - RRRRisk

My complaint is u complainers.  Nothing worse than going to Vegas and losing but taking a risk with unknown businesses is the contractor way.  We live in Vegas every day, win lose or draw that is our life.  If you don't want the risk get a real job.  McDonald's is hiring.........I just signed up for the contractor scam to see if it will produce at least one and only one good hit.  A real good hit can last beyond a year and be well worth the investment.  Even though money does not grow on 2x4's I still take a shot now and then to see what is on the other side.  If I lose I lose whatever.  Have fun with life don't let it get you down.   Later...
Review
First before you judge me. Let me tell you one thing. I used to work for Mcdonalds. Here is my story. I at a hospital as a registered nurse. Your restaurant is five miles from my work place. During my lunch break I found out that I forgot to take my fork along. I went...

A registered nurse who makes all that money and is going to have a stroke to give up three cents, either you're a tightwad or a Jew... chopsticks are only one penny a piece or use a tree branch for free,by the way, fork off, fork you and go fork yourself

View more comments
Review

McDonalds owes me cheese!

I go to McDonalds regularly, and it seems like everytime I go they mess up my food! It can be something so simple, as no mayo and they it on there anyways! With the double checked sticker. I got my food right once before, though one sandwich had two crowns and one had two heels. I can NEVER get my food right here. I have worked fast food before, its not hard, and I come no where near being that incapable of building a sandwich. I always figure that fast food workers should get paid more because its a hard job, no I just did my job better than they do and thats why they get paid minimum wage. Calling the McDonalds hotline everytime I get a follow up and nothing else. I am tired of having to pay for extra pickles but not having that total taken off for not having pickles. Ask for a sandwich with no pickles, and your friend wants extra pickles, and you'll pay 50 cents for extra pickles!!! You figure billions served, billions of extra pickles and billions of no pickles.Luckily Wendys is much better, if you ask for a whole tomato you get a whole tomato. Ask for 22 pickle slices, you'll get 22 pickle slices (I've made that order) McDonalds needs to be closed for good, rip offs!

*snorts* lol!

I thought you meant actual cheese, not money.

I went to Micky D's one time and requested a cheeseBURGER with nothing else on it but the cheese. I assumed that these people would think a cheeseburger with nothing but the cheese would mean a meat patty, and a slice of cheese.

I got the burger and checked my order and all they had given me was a bun with cheese! Some thoughtful cook decided to give me two slices of cheese, lol, but its not what I had wanted.

I had to park the car and go in and get it fixed without so much as a "Oops, sorry."

Oh well. Its fast food right?

Well it was still horrible analogy. And if I'm a waste of your time, why do you keep coming back? There are lots of other sites on the net, and you continue to come to this one? Sounds like someone doesn't follow there own advice.

"Then why would you continue to keep going there??!!"

Why do you, not amused? Your not making any sense and your coming on here to bash me on my review. Are you reviewing my review? Or commenting? Because either way your not doing well on either subject. What grade are you in?

fred thompson: "How can you compare a burger to a car?" --

It's called an analogy, sorry to lose you. Already lost you again, the car analogy was preceded by fred thompson.....ergo, not directed to you. Ahhhh, ur a waste of time......

Any typos in below comment are purely accidental. I'm not wasting my time with proofreading on this forum. Just quick rants right?

The title makes perfect sense in two ways, let me explain. They owe me money, which in 21st slang is referred to as cheese, guap, mula, stacks, benjis, benjamins. Also they owe me cheese, the dairy kind, when they forget it. Sorry I lost you. No I'm not a Wal-Mart door greeter. I am a father of three and get paid salary with no overhead. I am trusted with $$HIGH DOLLAR$$ restaurants in Destin, Florida. with security and keys and no bosses. I work 7 days a week and only work 3 hours a day but get paid 10 hours a day. I am tired of whiny snotty nosed brats myself, but I will take a moment to express my opinion when it needs to be addressed. Yes I check my food everytime but in some sense or another they SCREW it up.

No you did not lose me in your analogy. You lost me with your profound comparison between a car and a burger. Obviosuly a 10,000 dollar car CANNOT be compared to a 35 cent cheeseburger.

I have dealt with the managers, and have addressed problems. My complaint is not that I don't know how to order food, or that I don't get it fixed, its hat these whiny kids want more than min wage but can't simply read ENGLISH to build a sandwich correctly. And I shouldn't have to check my food, cause it should be correct. Maybe if you have experienced what I've been through you'd shut your mouth and find somewhere else to write out *** analogies of cars and cheeseburgers.

I know how to deal with people, and I know how to deal with the managers. I know how to call the corporate number to take it higher up. I don't eat there anymore, in fact just today getting my daughter fries I ordered a Large SWEET tea. Not hard to mess up. WTF did it come out unsweet? Who knows. Who cares. I added sugar. I didn't come on here to complain nor receive naive comments from a 14 year old. I saw that site, registered, thought of something I'd like to address, and type it up. I have 8 McDonalds within a 30 miles radius, and every single one of them is just as clumsy. Now do I know if its there fault? No. Mine? No. Maybe the confusing screens make it hard on the employees, maybe this is a problem McDees would like to address. Maybe ALOT OF PEOPLE get this experience. And maybe your an instigator. I don't know. I wrote an article, looking for feed back, not negative nor positive, just unbiased. Coming on here to trash on my intelligence is not what I came on here for. Your maturity level is stupendous.

Reading into this site I have seen some *** things, some *** arguments. But my subject was legit. McDonalds screws up my order, overcharges me, underpays their employees, and make people like you think that they care about the consumer. I care way more for customer service than they could ever fathom, so why don't I own a multi-billion dollar company? Because I don't rip people off. Even if I don't like them I won't rip them off.

In case you have a hard time reading all the above, let me summarize. You have a weak argument. McDonalds owes me cheese as in money and cheese when you pay 50 cents for it and they don't put it on there. Don't check your food in drive thru your *** people off behind you and the cashier inside who gets a great evaluation for good drive thru times. McDonalds owes everyone cheese, not just myself. A car is not a burger, not even in analogy can you get away with that comparison. I am here for reviews, not slander, mudslinging, arguing, fighting, immaturity crying bs. Just write in your opinion about McDonalds, not about myself. How are your experiences at McDonalds? If pleasant thats great! I have to drive 45 miles for a pleasant McDonalds. As I sit here I have 5 people around me laughing about it, and they understand. McDonalds is horrible! Your food is always messed up! (Here anyways, I'm sure its not everywhere.) If you would like my resume and my experiences being employed with fast food restaurants as I did move my way into proprietorship (That's owning a business) than let me know. I'll tell you of the tricks they use, if hand wishing is enforced, how much dropped food I have personally deflected from being handed off to a customer, about customers throwing burgers at employees, and so much more, just let me know. You would be disgusted. I just want my food right when I order it. That's it. Please if your next comment is to harass me or anyone else with a mind to think on their own than comment elsewhere. Otherwise I'd love to hear other mature adult experiences at McDonalds.

Thank You.

P.S

not-amused : I had withdrawn the retard comment, as it was in bad taste and immature. Clearly no one here is retarded as this is a very serious and touchy issue. Again I apologize for the comment. You won't get that out of very many people.

fred thompson: "How can you compare a burger to a car?" --

It's called an analogy, sorry to lose you.

sting130u: "Surely I must have moved up in the business world by now, having been years ago" -- You a Walmart greeter now?

"Everyone who commented this far- Your retarded" -- If so, it began with you; the title of your post doesn't even make sense.

"Or you come on here cause your pissed too?" -- I stumbled onto this site. I've had problems in the past with service, I've been able to deal with the problem myself, either by dealing with a manager there, or by speaking to somebody well above the store. And if they can't solve the problem, I go elsewhere. Some of these complaints are too unbelievably *** to be true, including yours, making me think this site is a joke, not for real. We're just a nation of runny-nosed, loud-mouthed whiners who lack the ablity to resolve conflict in a rational manner.

"But because of every consumer that has gone to McDees, ordered their food, and drove away from drive-thru to get home and realize their food is old, gross, or messed up. Now you gotta use another 3 dollars in gas, your time, your energy to get something that should have been correct in the first place." -- Tip: check your order before you leave the window. I do, and in the small number of occasions that my order is wrong, I bring the problem up then. Believe me, if you're holding up the drivethrough, they're gonna jump to fix the problem.

I don't want 22 pickles on my sandwich, I've made that order for someone else. Who clearly stated he wanted 22, not 20, not 23, but 22 pickles on his sandwich. And why should they charge for pickles? I'm glad you've never heard of it. The build value of a Big Mac runs about 45 cents. If they charge 2.99 for the sandwich, and you want extra pickles, they should give it to you no charge, after all you are a customer.

Also I'd like to add an apology about the retard statement, it was bad taste.

This is a website to express things like this, not to come in and rain havoc on the one doing the complaining. Alot of people share my opinion, let me explain something. A sandwich costs less than 30 cents to make, with extra piece of meat its an additional 15 cents. This is everywhere. The BIB soda syrup can make over 250 drinks, and this only costs them 37 dollars. They can make HUGE profit of this. Now, there are more pickles dropped on the floor than you could imagine, and they don't account for it. These products are liquidated and forgotten. It's not about the pickles, its about ripping people off. It's not just a few quarters, its billions of quarters. Breaking child labor laws, health safety issues, paying people minimum wage and even having illegal workers they continue to dig into your pockets. Here I can go to a McDees at get a 32 ounce orange juice for 2.50. While 10 miles up the road for the same price I get a 16 ounce orange juice. You have a dollar menu? We have a 1.29 menu.

With all this said, let me point out the main point of why I chose to put McDonalds on here. Not because of pickles, not because of my fifty hard earned cents. But because of every consumer that has gone to McDees, ordered their food, and drove away from drive-thru to get home and realize their food is old, gross, or messed up. Now you gotta use another 3 dollars in gas, your time, your energy to get something that should have been correct in the first place. On top of having my food corrected I also get a partial refund. I wrote this because im pissed, I never get my food right.

This isn't just McDonalds, I chose McDonalds because of the frequency of their screw-ups. I actually never get my food correct anywhere. Whether it be messed up, burnt, old, hairy, no syrup, spoiled tea, cold, mashed, mutilated. I could not go out and have someone bring me food and it'll be messed up. Sounds like I'm just that person, or like I'm being picked on or whatever, but I do have good news. Burger King in my area is doing much better and my food has never been messed up. With all that said, NO I don't frequent McDees any longer, but my kids do love it there and they never eat the food anyways. Just love the toys and playplace, so I will continue to go there for them.

If you are so unhappy with this McDonald's, then why do you keep coming back? I have never heard of a McDonalds that charges for extra pickles.

Most people hate their pickles anyway, I don't know why they even put them on their burgers. Noone came here to insult you. You are the one doing the insulting calling everyone retards. You sound like you are the one mentally challenged yourself to keep going back to this McDonalds that you hate and asking for 22 pickles on your burger.

Who in their right mind would want 22 pickles on their burger?.You are making yourself look like a *** here, you don't need others to do it for you. :p

Not Amused- How can you compare a burger to a car? And yes if you don't want the tires you can sel them in the paper. You can't sell a sandwich in the paper or for that matter the pickles on the sandwich.

Everyone who commented this far- Your retarded. Surely I must have moved up in the business world by now, having been years ago.

I could READ the screen when it said NO PICKLES or NO ONIONS. These people just slap something together. Any reason you guys are defending this Rip-Off Giant?And no I don't expect them to *** the price, but I do expect things to balance out. Think its just 50 cents, whats fifty cents?

50 cents multiplied by 2,000,000,000 people served. Thats one billion dollars! PROFIT. If you have not worked fast food before than you are pretty pathetic as this is a moralizing experience where you learn not to be ignorant and how to work diligently.

Something alot of people know nothing about. Jason- I do have a job, working 3 hours a day getting paid for 10 hours a day. What do you do? Work a full 8 hour shift and make bare minimum?

Must suck so only have 8 hours a day to yourself, 8 hours sleeping. Not enough time to really get things done... I think you can spend an hour of that waiting at mcdees for your food to come out messed up. Get a clue retards.

You come on here to insult me? Or you come on here cause your pissed too? Don't come in here to dog on me, just go get a burger from mcdees and a soda. Get a cold sandwich and a carbonated drink with no syrup.

And let the cashier handle your fries while handling money through drive thru.

You wanna spend your money on it, go for it. Dont come on here with ignorance and try dogging me, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Yeah right, I bet when you worked in fast food you were just as careless as these emplyees are being to you. Maybe you should get a job so you can affored to pay the 50 cents.

"I go to McDonalds regularly, and it seems like everytime I go they mess up my food!"--Then why would you continue to keep going there??!!

"I am tired of having to pay for extra pickles but not having that total taken off for not having pickles."--Kinda like buying a car, you have to pay extra for options. You're paying the price for a base model; try getting a car dealer to lower the price because you don't want the tires or bumper on the car, or without paint.

"I have worked fast food before"...I'm sure you've moved a long way up the workforce ladder armed with the high-powered brain you surely must possess!!!

View more comments (11)

McDonalds in Johnson City, Tennessee - Supporting gays

I have heard that McDonalds is supporting gays and lesbions and that when they were asked to simply remain neutral in the culture war they refused. They were not asked to support Christians or to discriminate against homosexuals just to remain neutral but they refused. They also called those apposed to homosexuality as haters. Not everyone agrees with homosexuality but that doesn't make us haters. We believe that homosexuality is wrong because the Bible says so, but we do not hate homosexuals. You know the saying hate the sin love the sinner. And you were only asked to remain neutral.

WOW!AND WHAT EXACTLY WAS IT THAT WAS WRONG WITH YOUR ORDER,AND HOW CAN WE FIX THAT FOR YOU ? YOURE GAYDAR WAS IN FINE WORKING ORDER THAT DAY I TAKE IT?

How does this affect you at all? I'm sure if you did some investigating into a lot of your favorite companies, you'd find more of the same. Companies that treat people like human beings...

"this post doesn't have one post of fact in it" -- correction one shred of fact in it

"I have heard" -- this post doesn't have one post of fact in it!

"lesbion, apposed" -- helpful tip, type your message in Word, and use spell check, then cut/paste it into your post. You look and sound alot more intelligent after doing so.

Hahahahaha, I've stumbled onto this site, and cannot believe it's real from some of the *** posts I've read.

View more comments (3)