1930 Monmouth St, Newport, KY 41071, USA
2.3K views
3.9

I HATE the new cups! They don't keep the ice from melting and it totally changes the taste of the tea and coke.

BRING BACK THE STYROFOAM. I used to be able to keep a drink in the fridge for about 2-3 days and it was still the same delicious tasting tea or coke that McD's is famous for. Not anymore!! I won't be buying drinks there anymore for sure because the drink totally sucks now!

Maybe I will go to Chick-fil-A for tea because they still use the styrofoam.

I understand wanting to help the environment, however, some things are best not messed with.

You don't always have to give into the pressure. Bad move Mickey D's, bad move

Product or Service Mentioned: Mcdonalds Drink.

Reason of review: BRING BACK THE STYROFOAM.

Preferred solution: BRING BACK THE STYROFOAM.

Comments

Zion C

Styrofoam is bad for the enviornment. Save the turtles

I'm like Ellen Degenerate. I wanna eat a delicious taco while I put that Porche into fifth gear and put the pedal to the medal. I don't wanna eat no nut sauce covered McDonald's fare.

#1720150
@Anonymous

"DOING MY PART TO .P.1.$.,$. .0.F.F. THE RELIGIOUS RIGHT!"

@Anonymous

The Religious Right doesn't approve of my lifestyle. --- and by that very same token I don't approve of many of the ways that they do things or many of the things that they believe.

I was in Popeye's the other day and I overheard the manager telling a lady that they were soon going to be doing away with the styrofoam medium drink Popeye's cup. He said that it was a "California thing", that because California had a law that said that you couldn't have anything styrofoam that they were getting rid of the cups nationwide.

That could be the reason that McDonald's got rid of their Styrofoam Large cups. I think that they should just keep the styrofoam cups for everywhere else and make a special cup just for the California restaurants to use. I agree that the Coca-Cola tasted much better in the Old Styrofoam large cups.

And while McDonald's is at it they should bring back the Super-Sized cups as well. Those were just the ticket to go along with a Double Quarter Pounder meal with Cheese and an order of Super-Sized fries.

I hate these new plastic cups too the blasts aren’t even blast anymore they melt within a 5’min car ride and defeat the purpose of buying ice cream at sonic

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE BRING BACK "THE GOOD OLD DAYS" ??? THANK YOU KINDLY.

@Anonymous

The "Good Old Days" of the 1950's weren't so good for African Americans, who faced widespread systematic racism and discrimination all across America.

@Anonymous

The three people who put thumbs down to this comment are racists.

LETTY the cashier was like wiping drizzle off her nose last week while cashiering and handing out food. and coughing every 2 minutes.

and management put her on front? really? she should be home on sick leave. plus theres flies everywhere.

at the rockport texas store. for years theres flies. the food always cold . so usually we get tea only.

but this time we got bigmacs and letty froze when we said 2 bigmacs. it was as if she was tazed. like it just confused her when we said 2 bigmacs. she just couldn't get it through her mind .she was like unfunctional.

which causes me to suspect maybe she was like well uhm…….stoned. but really the dizzling nose thing needs to be addressed.

yupp

Before the end of styrofoam cups I got at least 2 large sweet teas a day. No more, the taste and quality is NOT THE SAME!

I went from 14 - 20 visits a week to a big fat 0!

I now go to SONIC where the fabulous foam cup is revered and still used. I also order from their food menu since they know the “value” of keeping their customers happy.

@Anonymous

The reason for this is because of all the lawsuits and the concern for the envioronment. Every company is trying to make as small of an impact on the environment.

A lot of the other changes especially the extra large size is lawsuits that it is McDonalds fault that they are overweight. There is an old saying if you have to ask why you can bet money is at the bottom of it.

They made these changes and others like them because of the cost of not doing them outweighed the cost of keeping the Styrofoam cups. It is that simple.

Brig'Um Back, Mickey D's.... Brig'Um Back!

@Anonymous

You know why they called him "Brigham Young" ??? Because when he would send his men to fetch him some new wives he would tell them "I don't care how you brig'um, just brig'um young!"

HEY, BRING BACK THE SUPER-SIZED FOUNTAIN DRINK CUPS AND THE SUPER-SIZED FRIES! THEY GO GREAT WITH A DOUBLE QUARTER POUNDER WITH CHEESE!

I NEARLY DIED OF A HEART ATTACK AFTER EATING THAT MEAL WHILE SITTING ON THE SIDEWALK IN BURLINGTON, VERMONT ONE DAY, BUT IT WAS MY GO TO MEAL AND I LOVED IT. IF I WOULD HAVE DIED, I WOULD HAVE DIED DOING WHAT I LOVED BEST, PIGGING OUT ON SUPER-SIZED McDONALD'S FOOD! AND COULD YOU PLEASE GO BACK TO MAKING THE DOUBLE QUARTER POUNDERS COOKED ALL THE WAY LIKE YALL USED YO DO.

I DON'T LIKE EATING BOOGERS THAT ARE RAW INSIDE! IT'S GROSS!!!!!!

@Anonymous

Won't happen anytime soon people are too health conscious and you can blame lawsuits for doing away with the super sized Fries and drinks. That is the result of these lawsuits.

They were sued for causing people to be overweight.

Result no more super sized drinks and Fries. Until that changes and people stop these kinds of lawsuits then they will never do it.

I TOTALLY AGREE ABOUT THE CUPS, YOU CERTAINLY DON'T WANT TO SIT THEM DOWN ON A TABLE WITHOUT A COASTER BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE WATER SPOTS!!!! THEY'RE GOOD DOESN'T EVEN TASTE GOOD ANYMORE AND NOW THAT THEY HAVE THE DOUBLE DRIVE THRUS YOU'RE LUCKY TO GET WHAT YOU ORDERED, TWICE I HAVE GOTTEN SOMEONE ELSE'S FOOD. *** ME OFF SOMETHING TERRIBLE, TO *** WITH MCDONALDS!!!!!!!!!

I hate their *** cups and often go to sonic instead as i can get the styrofoam one that keeps your drink cold for hours and mcdonalds *** cup is flimsy and sweats like crazy so everything gets wet and does not keep your drink cold for long....hate it!!!

I agree 100%. I haven’t purchased a coke at my local McDonald’s for three months now because the cups sweat and the coke gets watered down in minutes.

Truly sad, I had been purchasing at least two cokes everyday for nearly ten years. I now go to chic filet or sonic for my cokes.

McDonalds Reviews