On Saturday January 5th, 2019 at approximately 4:30pm I had an absolutely horrendous experience with the drive-thru person at the Daly City, California McDonald’s located at 505 Serramonte Blvd, Daly City, CA 94015.

I pulled into the drive-thru and was not prompted with a voice to ask me what I would like to order. I waited for a few minutes. I saw that the line was moving forward. I had been at previous McDonald’s that you ordered and paid at one window and then picked up the food at the next. I pulled forward to the window, thinking that was the case.

The person in the window was absolutely awful to me. He was very angry that my order was not placed in the manner he wanted. Instead of just politely asking what I would like to order, he wanted to reprimand me for not ordering correctly. I told him that I was not prompted to order, so pulled forward to the window. Surely throughout drive-thru history, there must have been times where the system has not worked in an ideal way. Why was he so furious and mean? The person who was a male Latino, about 5’10” height and slender build. He was in his 20s, I would guess. He was not identified with a McDonalds’s uniform, but instead wore a black long sleeve sweatshirt that said MISSION in white letters.

He was very ANGRY and very condescending . He told me , “Now you are holding up the line!!” I told him that I was not prompted. He talked down to me like I was the worst, most vile person in the world. “Well everyone else figured out how to order, but you!!”

He could have simply just been a nice, polite person, but felt entitled to be angry, rude, and treat me like I was a subhuman for simply not being prompted with a voice asking me what I wanted. I told him that I did not want to order at that point. He angrily blurted out, “Well, good then!!”

When I pulled forward to the next window, the person at the window refused to tell me the employees name. The employee with the MISSION (a neighborhood in San Francisco) sweatshirt was seemingly looking at him and telling him to not give his name. He was hiding in the back . The person resisted telling me the awful employee’s name was a short Latino man with braces on his teeth and thin build. He looked as if he was in his early 20s. After asking at least three times for the condescending employee’s name, the employee told me that his name was Raul. I am not sure if that is his actual name or not.

I know that me never going back to McDonald’s will never make a difference to such a huge corporation. By after the truly beyond awful experience, I am not returning. My family will not go either. I will spread the news to avoid aggressive employees at the 505 Serramonte Blvd, Daly City, CA 94015 location. I am not sure why someone would hire such a indignant employee, who treats customers with such wrath for something that was not even their fault.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mcdonalds Drive-through.

Preferred solution: Talk to horrendous employee.

I didn't like: Service was absolutely awful.

Comments

Well next time order the right way and there won't be a problem.