Cottage Grove, Oregon

Two weeks ago I went through the drive-through o/a 0800 hrs at the one and only McDonald's in Tillamook, Oregon.  I--like probably everyone else in that line--was in a hurry.  I placed a very simple breakfast order and also asked for a small coffee; one cream, one sugar.  Nothing complicated.  When I arrived at the drive-through window, the guy said I owed $5.99 and I gave him a $20 bill.  He then gave me $14 (a ten and four ones) and then turned his back on me and left.  When he returned with my order, I asked him about the rest of my change; where is the penny McDonald's owed me?  He looked at me like I was nuts and then left the window area., presumably to ask about the change McDonald's knowingly and willingly cheated me out of.

Since I was in a hurry, and there was a line of vehicles behind me, I the only choice I had at the time was to leave instead of waiting for my change.  I know McDonald's cuts a lot of corners on things (such as food quality, ingredients and service) but I draw the line on them stealing from people.  Even if it's just a penny.  The pennies that McDonald's steal add up to real money.  For example, if they cheat a million people a day out of just one red cent, that's an extra $10,000 in their pockets.  Not exactly chump change.  But listen, McDonald's, those pennies add up for me too.  And for the rest of your customers as well.

Since that experience, my last customer experience with McDonald's two weeks ago, I have contacted their corporate office three times regarding this matter and nothing has been done, despite promises they would get back to me.  So, McDonald's; you stole a penny from me and if we have to take this matter to court to get my money back, so be it.  Your move.  Oh, yeah...the coffee with the "1 cream, 1 sugar" that I ordered was black. And I could not drink it.  Nor eat any of the "meal" that I bought from you.  So I threw the whole thing in the trash.  Where it belonged.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mcdonalds Drive-through.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Stop beating your kids and get over a single penny. And how do you know it was deliberate? Mistakes DO happen.

It must not have been much of a loss for you being you waited for two weeks to whine about it. I can't believe you were even dumb enough to ask about the penny to begin with, and then you wait for a couple weeks to whine about it here.

Poor, poor little baby, this isn't the web site for McDonald's.

You are on a general complaint site. Any attorney that you would consult about this matter would laugh and tell you to get back on your meds.