Topsham, Maine
4.4K views

News bulletin: Here in Maine my local McDONALD'S HAS DROPPED NEWMAN"S OWN ORGANIC COFFEE .Now after 25 years of selling specialty coffee (I now own a window cleaning company), I have developed a knack for knowing quality.

Getting a cup of Newman's Own Organic Coffee was THE main reason for me going to McDonald's rather than Starbucks. Recently I went through my routine of stopping at McDonald's for breakfast (the only meal I eat there). I typically get scrambled eggs, a breakfast burrito and a medium black coffee. My crew comes with me.

Driving down the road I told one of my employees that the coffee wasn't right. Not burnt, but weak, less complexity and of lower quality. The next day I did the same and it dawned on me after the first sip: Is it possible that they have dropped Newman's Own Coffee?". This morning when stopped in again, and asked a young counterperson if it were true, my suspicions were confirmed.

She proceeded to rattle off McDonald's rote jargon that they fed her about, "...well, it's still an Arabica coffee of the highest quality". Okay lady, I get it.

It's over.And I instantly knew that I had little reason to go to McDonalds any more nor will my crew whom I drive.

Had an Experience with Mcdonalds?

Comments

I'm commenting on date September 9, 2017.

For the past 6 months I have been getting McD's coffee, large black coffee.

I usually get Speedway coffee and there I get to add many different flavored creamers, or real cream, flavored regular syrups or sugar free, and there is sugar and various non sugar sweetners.Speedways' price is about $.20 - $.30 lower in price for a "large" cup.

Speedway large that I get is a 20oz coffee.

They have 16oz and 24oz as well as smaller sizes.

McDonalds "large" does not appear to actually be 20oz. It's more like 16oz. And, it would be 16oz if the employee who pours the coffee were to actually fill the cup to it's actual fill line, and that doesn't happen consistently.

It tastes like McDonalds has changed their coffee over the past month.

To my palate the change is positive, a good one. Whatever McDonalds has changed is good imo. The current coffee has a richer taste, with sweet nutty notes, and a nice light smoky chocolate tone. Overall, the flavor profile is more distinct to the coffee they served before.

The former coffee was good too, but this new coffee is more distinctive and a nice positive flavor change. However, the new espresso cafe coffees are lacking in actual dense and deep "espresso" roast type flavor. And the worst thing McDonalds has done with their new espresso cafe coffee is the crazy high pricing. A regular, and quite good and flavorful, large coffee from...

A large vanilla cappucino espresso cafe coffee is a bit more than DOUBLE the price at about $3.79. At that crazy high price it's just not worth the added cost, not at all. I've ordered that vanilla cappucino twice over the past 2 weeks, and each time the coffee level was WELL BELOW the fill line. By weight to me the large vanilla cappucino feels like a small, and at nearly $4 that's nuts.

I will NO LONGER ever order McDonalds crazily overpriced espresso cafe coffee.It's just not that great, and the quantity is not what it is advertised or promised to be.

Yes the quality of the coffee has changed its weaker and watery. The coffee was my only reason for going in the MCDonalds which is a burger joint sadly the NEWMAN's Coffee was better than Dunkin Donuts. Now I'll have to make my own at home since the every where you go these days each establishment is saving money on buying weaker brands and losing patrons.

Detroit, Michigan, United States #1310206

I realized it today too here in Shreveport, Louisiana.I was so excited to get myself a cup of Newman's Own coffee with an egg and cheese biscuit with bacon and hash browns.

Lord was it awful. I immediately thought there was something wrong with my coffee because it is so weak, I looked at the cup and saw that it now says McCafe and not Newman's Own....AND I searched online and quickly saw that they had switched.

GROSS.McDonald's if you want to continue competing in the coffee market you need to go back to Newman's Own...take it from an accountant.

Los Angeles, California, United States #1269661

I agree.So sad.

It was the best. It changed in Richmond, Virginia around October 2016. I would go every day. It was wonderful!

Now I'm just trying to use up my gift cards. I can barely get it down. I keep hoping it will be like it was. A lot of good it did them to promote McCafe coffee.

And they still are! Now I just feel I'm being lied to.

They won't admit it's changed.Bad bad bad move.

I used to drink McDonald's coffee at least 5 days a week, but lately it has been watery and tasteless.I googled it and found out they had changed.

I'm out!!!

The coffee at my McDonald's has become weak...

I asked about it this morning and was told that she "would ask corporate if they had changed their coffee".

It is indeed a very sad day as their coffee was THE BEST.

Mc Donalds coffee is the best

The coffee at the Dixon, IL.McDonalds has also become weak.

I also no longer have any reason to go there anymore.Very disappointing!

Houston, Texas, United States #1210626

Totally agree I looked forward to getting their coffee on my rounds. Bleck. Not anymore.

i have been whining around the office allweek that McD's coffee tastes like ***. Now i know why. I too won't be back for more.

SIGH!