Topsham, Maine
7.7K views

News bulletin: Here in Maine my local McDONALD'S HAS DROPPED NEWMAN"S OWN ORGANIC COFFEE . Now after 25 years of selling specialty coffee (I now own a window cleaning company), I have developed a knack for knowing quality.

Getting a cup of Newman's Own Organic Coffee was THE main reason for me going to McDonald's rather than Starbucks. Recently I went through my routine of stopping at McDonald's for breakfast (the only meal I eat there). I typically get scrambled eggs, a breakfast burrito and a medium black coffee. My crew comes with me.

Driving down the road I told one of my employees that the coffee wasn't right. Not burnt, but weak, less complexity and of lower quality. The next day I did the same and it dawned on me after the first sip: Is it possible that they have dropped Newman's Own Coffee?". This morning when stopped in again, and asked a young counterperson if it were true, my suspicions were confirmed.

She proceeded to rattle off McDonald's rote jargon that they fed her about, "...well, it's still an Arabica coffee of the highest quality". Okay lady, I get it.

It's over. And I instantly knew that I had little reason to go to McDonalds any more nor will my crew whom I drive.

Comments

What about the McCafe brand coffee that they sell in stores that you make in your own coffee maker? I bet that people are going to stop buying them because it is so gross now and that they will end up donating them all to the likes of the Salvation and Goodwill (who will try to sell them in their thrift stores for three times their original retail price)

AttachedGoldenRetriever513

BRING BACK NEWMANS COFFEE PLEASE

I just went to Mickey D's this morning and used my Booger King coupon to get 2 Sausage and Egg McMuffins, 2 Hash Browns & a small coffee and a Large Sweet Tea for $5. The Coffee this morning was the worst that it has ever been.

I only was able to drink a few sips of it and had to throw it in the trash. It's a good thing that I was able to get the Large Sweet Tea. One of the managers was all mean last week saying that from now on I had to get 2 coffees with my Booger King Coupon instead of a coffee and a sweet tea. Thank Goodness that she wasn't there today or I would have only had two cups of disgusting undrinkable coffee.

And I didn't feel like being embarrassed and causing a scene about it. i figured that the best that they could do is give me another cup of that p.i.s.s. coffee.

I'll never but their coffee on my own again. I only get it because it is part of my coupon deal.

AutomaticLeopard520

Mc Donalds No longer Cares To serve The best Quality decafe coffee .only a decaf blend. It is either Foamy and sour or watery .

Whoever Chose this why to prepare it this why does not drink it. The customer should have been asked what they think of it!!

If everyone particpated in a mass boycott for one day over the coffee, McDonalds would be brought to it's knees by the loss of business. All of it's stores would be empty and the employees would all just be milling around wondering what was wrong. I agree, the new coffee is disgusting, worse than what you find at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen.

I was sooo glad to read this, I thought I was going crazy. I 've been going to mcDonalds for years for my breakfast and late night plus.

About 3 months ago I notice something wasn't right took 2 sips and thrown away 3 different cups fr 3 different McDonald's I don't want to hear NO, EITHER YOU'VE CHANGE RECIPE OR COFFEE BEAN. so now I'll have to start making and caring a thermos like i did in the old days, and guess I'll be making breakfast too or Jim Dean breakfast sandwich

I thought it was just me! Ots so bad!

Well, this seals it. I'm done!

McDonalds went from my familiar favorite to undrinkable. The strange, fake sweet, acrid flavor is horrible tasting.

I thought they might have accidentally added a large amount of diet sugar, but the same rank flavor then next two times I got it. Now I am done.

to CL #1658860

OMG I said same thing to the McDonalds Manger ask for a new cup and was the same sweet weird dishwater taste. I'm done too

Mcdonalds coffee was the best now is horrable not happy now i go to dunken donuts. Not HappyMAD AT MCDONALDS NOW THAT PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING FOR COFFEE THEYLL LOOSE ALOT OF PEOPLE IN THE MORNING

to Anonymous #1666154

Drunken Donuts? Sounds like a place that the Homeless would frequent! "I'll have 6 glazed donuts and a forty, please!"

The last two times we got McDonald's coffee - which was our favorite - it tasted sweeter somehow. Won't buy it again.

Yes, the coffee is awful. I thought yhe staff added water.

After reading the messages, im convinced the company changed.

Didn't really noticed it until these last few weeks. I guess they still had some.

What a Mcstake...

I noticed the same as well. I live in Canada, and I'm sure between us two countries, McDonald's had us hooked on the coffee.

Two weeks ago I had gone for my regular routine after work, and went for a bike ride to McDonald's to grab a coffee.

I had taken one sip, and knew that the coffee was slightly altered, or even destroyed by some bad decision making. Needless to say they just lost a good coffee customer, can't pull the wool over my eyes.

I agree! McDonald's coffee is the reason for going there.

It has changed for the worse.

It's obvious it a lower quality. We will never go there again!

Siri won’t be buying their coffee now!

Why change the coffee McDonalds? If it’s not broken why fix it?

We have told so many people to try McDonalds coffee. The new coffee is awful Our daily coffee destination will change and we will have no reason to visit McDonalds anymore if the coffee isn’t changed back or changed to something better!

This coffee is horrible! McDonald's was our favorite place to go for a great cup of coffee. Not anymore, the coffee stinks!

I cant drink the new mcdonalds coffee ..its horrible!!was getting one every day previously..please change back!?