Yesterday I visited a newly remodeled McD's. on Thunderbird Rd.

in Phx, AZ. I was used to ordering from the counter, but was met with a computerized screen. A young girl tried to help us order, but it was her first day. I don't do computers, so was lost.

Finally, the Mgr came over and placed the order. I paid for it, but then found out they didn't have fish. When I reordered, and got the food, my wife said , "Shouldn't there be a refund ,because the fish cost more?" I asked for the refund, and got it.

Looking around at the place, it was all industrial looking chairs and tables, computer and Wifi' places. It has lost all it's welcoming and friendly atmosphere.

There was not a child in sight, and would not appeal to one. I felt out of place ,being I'm in my later years, and this was a place for yuppies. On leaving, I had to be clicked into the bathroom and was told I could not bring my purse into the bathroom. My husband held it for me, but asked what do women do that are alone , with their purse.

They just shrugged and said , I don't know!"

I will never visit another "New" Mcdonald's.

It used to be a place where children could play and parents could relax. This new setting is cold and unwelcoming , unless you are a young yuppie.

Comments