On the way to the airport to drop me off to visit my mom who had a stroke this past week, we stopped at McDonalds for breakfast and hot chocolate for the kids. As we left McDonalds, the hot chocolate spilled on my 6 year old daughter's lap causing severe burns below her waist.
When I saw her blistered skin, I knew I couldn't continue to the airport and went to the emergency room at Children's Hospital in Knoxville, TN instead. There, upon inspecting the burns, it was arranged for us to be transported to the burn unit in Cincinnati at Shriner's Children's Hospital who is now caring for the burns. She is still in a lot of pain 4 days later as we are required to change the bandages twice daily.
I do not understand the benefit of serving hot chocolate this hot. Hasn't McDonald's learned this before?
Monetary Loss: $9999.