For years I've looked forward to March, when I can get a Shamrock Shake. This year, they kept the prices for the "size" of the shake the same, but cut the actual size in half, put it in a "McCafe" cup, and put whipped cream and a cherry on top. The large shake I normally share with my girlfriend is now too small to share with anyone, but it still costs $4. For that price I can get an *awesome* shake the same size at Baskin Robbins or Ben and Jerry's.

They have the gall to put the phrase "your favorite creamy shake with a cherry on top, now how's that!" I have to tell you, it's godawful, disgusting, and moronic. I also wonder why they didn't have a national advertising campaign saying "We're ruining our shakes, and we're doing it just for you!"

The shakes are now just another wedge in the "McCafe" advertising campaign. Nobody in the world associates "McDonald's" with "Premium Coffee," and they never will. If they want to complete with Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Caribou, even Folger's, then they need to stop selling cheeseburgers and shakes, and concentrate on improving the disgusting sludge they call "coffee," so people won't get the wrong idea.

Over the past three years, I've phased McDonald's out of my life, except for the rare treat. But now the treats are the same garbage as everything else that caused me to start walking away. It's not going to happen, but I still pray every day that they go bankrupt because they keep competing with companies that could care less about them, and are forced to get back on their feet by selling nothing but burgers, fries, and soda. What's next? McSeahut Crab Legs? McPhilly CheeseSteak? McGreek Lamb Chop Pitas? Quit pretending you're "international" and stick to what you know.

Had an Experience with Mcdonalds?

Comments

Well, I'm not entirely sure why you're likening it to trying to be "international", since they've been making these shakes for at least 30 years.I am not pleased that they're no longer just a shake, and have been put in the Starbucks-like category.

They also don't seem to be the same thing they used to be. I don't remember them being such a fake tasting mint. But I never really started drinking them until about 5 years ago. They aren't like toothpaste, but they're sort of a chemical tasting mint.

It's the kind of flavor you'd imagine would appeal to children.

Not sure why that's so, since they can make authentic flavored chemicals for just about anything, and mint certainly shouldn't be hard to do.I wouldn't expect to pay $4 for a chocolate shake, so I was surprised when I was asked to pay that much for a mint one.

I agree with you wholeheardtedly. Their shamrock shake tastes like toothpaste and has the same consistency.

It's a mint flavored Frappuccino!! Not a shake!! :cry

With you on that 100% Very disappointed.And my kids will be pissed too.

I don't even think this is enough to make me nauseous this year.:sigh