2.2
Nutrition Description
Quality of Food

We are regular customers at our local McDonald's (store 31820) and have been for over 6 years now. Today ended that ..

for good. I used the mobile app to place a large order and chose to pickup at the drive-thru. As we approached the window, I received a text notification that our order was paid with our associated bank card (on the app). At the window, we were informed we had not paid and would not be given our food.

They also refused to return our money (of course) or even look at the text receipt.The manager, Jason, repeatedly stated it wasn't his problem, but rather the mobile app, and if we wanted our money back, we would have to dispute the charge with our bank. While we are obviously doing that, it will take approx 3-5 days to get that going.

Following a heated exchange, they couldn't believe we didn't want to PAY THEM AGAIN. I'm appalled and disgusted by McDonald's (and that doesn't even begin to express it!).

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Charged my card and refused to give us our food.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 16.

Comments

h.kitchener

Obviously, something went awry between the card company and McDonald's. You were correct to not pay at the drive-thru.

Just file a dispute and go from there. I infer from your complaint you used a credit card and not a debit card(that would be a dangerous way of paying for anything) so you haven't paid for it yet, anyway.