Indianapolis, Indiana

Last night around 8:00 p.m., I stopped by McDonalds (7822 Brookville Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46239 - 317/353 2563. Manager on duty - James Woosley.) Complaint: I went to the drive-thru window and ordered 2 big macs (no special order) after a very long day.

There were about 4-5 cars in front of me. So slow that twice, I turned off my car (at least 10-15 min.) Finally got up there, and the lady told me to pull up (nothing else - just 'pull up'). Sat there for about another 10 min. Finally, got out of my car and went up to the counter and asked if my 2 big macs were almost ready.

(Everybody totally ignored me) There was one cashier, 3-4 employees standing around and the manager about 8-9 ft. in front of me on the sandwich line). Not one single person acknowledged me standing there. I stood there a bit longer and asked the cashier if she would please check on my 2 big macs and she ignored me completely.

When she was free of patrons, I asked her to just please give me my money back and I'll go. Again, she ignored me, as they all were doing, and went on to wait on the next customer. I then asked to speak to the manager, who was COMPLETELY ignoring me (never did look at me). I finally got upset and said 'Will somebody please talk to me, preferably the manager?' Again, no response from ANYONE.

The mgr. (James) should have at least acknowledged me and said SOMETHING like - 'your sandwiches are almost ready or I'll be happy to refund your money' - ANYTHING - would have been nice. I am an educated woman who has been working in customer service for over 30 years and know that is no way to treat a person, let alone a customer who pays their salary. There was absolutely no reason at all!.

Also, if the Board of Health would have walked in at that moment, they probably would have shut the place down. There were french fries, papers, etc., etc. etc. all over the kitchen floor in the cooking area and looked like it had not been swept all day.

I have been at that McDonald's many times and have never seen it that dirty everywhere. In fact, while I was standing there, a customer came up next to me and was complaining outloud about the dirty tables and one of the female employees looked at her and said 'huh!-not my problem' - and rolled her eyes. (at least the customer was being acknowledged!!! - even if it was in bad taste) I noticed the mgr.

finally must have whispered to a female employee - I am assuming - 'give her a refund'. Finally, after spending about 30 min. there and still no food, I finally got my refund back. Poor excuse for a reputable company.

The whole experience was like I was in the Twilight Zone. I'm sure they will all, including 'James', have a rehearsed explanation to try to explain it all away, but the truth is the truth and without happy customers, you would all be out of business. I'm assuming it was a horrible one-time experience as we live close and go there quite often. I have a friend who has been at the 'Health Dept.' for 21 years and would be happy to inspect that restaurant if there is not a significant improvement.

Worst experience of my life at any restaurant.

Thank you. Sincerely, Very Confused and Very Disappointed

Product or Service Mentioned: Mcdonalds French Fries.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Funny how someone old enough to driver cuts in front of a line to ask if her food is ready. If you cut in front of other you are not educated a you think you are.

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada #875554

I read these every night before I go to bed, as an employee of McDonald's(from Canada) I see where you are coming from and this stories are outrageous!!! No one should have to wait 30 minutes for someone to acknowledge them standing there. I believe if you have an labour board speak to them immediately because that is very very unprofessional and horrifying to see some employees of McDonald's treating costumer and I am truly sorry it had to happen